If you are looking for a deeper dive into the tradition of yoga no matter if to teach, refine your practice or just approach it with greater understanding and skill for your own personal journey … our course might be just right for you!
1. Is Yoga Alliance approved.
2. Runs on convenient course dates April-July2021.
3. Takes an integrated and embodied approach to learning.
4. Advocates for an informed and creative approach to teaching.
5. Covers a wide vocabulary of teaching skills in Vinyasa Flow yoga.
6. Includes modules in Yin, Restorative and Pre- and Post-natal yoga.
7. Is taught by instructors with extensive teaching experience and specialist knowledge.
8. Welcomes you as a member of the TripSpace community with a TripSpace-Passport
to attend free classes at the studio during your training.
9. Provides you with the business skills needed to step into professional life as a yoga teacher.
10. Takes you on a 4 day retreat .
Entry requirements, process and application form:
1. A minimum of 2 years’ consistent yoga practice is required for application.
2. Applicants must be over 18.
3. Any significant medical condition must be shared with the course leaders/organisers to comply with health and safety standards and so that they may support appropriately and discreetly any students requirements in this regard. All information will be kept strictly confidential.
4. Applications are open from the 1st April 20212021. Places are limited and will go on a first come first served basis as long as candidates fulfil all requisites.
5. You will hear from us within two weeks from receipt of application.
6. Please read the online PROSPECTUS
7. In order to apply to the course please complete and send APPLICATION FORM to email@example.com
Most information and answers to FAQ’S are provided in the prospectus.
If you have any further questions there is opportunity to do so on the application form and our Lead Trainers will be pleased to reply.
ONE WEEK- 6x day Intensive @ TripSpace:
Mon 6th Sept to Friday 10th Sept 9am-5pm PLUS Saturday 11th Sept 2pm-9p
4x DAY INTENSIVE RETREAT at West Lexham, Notfolk.
Mon 13th- Thur 16th September.
THIRTEEN SATURDAYS Afternoons/Evenings 2pm-9pm @ TripSpace
2, 9, 16, 23, 30 October
6, 13, 20, 27 November
TWO SUNDAYS 11-5:30pm @ TripSpace
TWELVE TUESDAYS evening sessions 7pm-9pm ONLINE
21, 28 September
2,9,16, 23,30 November
Email application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The training includes the following:
1. Regular Vinyasa Flow group practices led by Lead Trainers and guest teachers.
2. Extensive Asana (Pose) Analysis – including progressions, alternatives and modifications.
3. The History and Philosophy of Yoga – including the Sutras and 8-Limb Path.
4. Experiential Anatomy – including principles of alignment, movement fundamentals & biomechanics.
5. Subtle and Energetic Anatomy.
6. Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting, Mudras and Mantra.
7. Teaching Methodology – skills and techniques for teaching creatively, accurately, safely and inclusively to open
level group classes.
8. Creative class-planning techniques.
9. Modules in the principles, practice and teaching of Yin, Restorative, Pre- and Post-natal Yoga.
10. Thorough guidance on Assisting Techniques – offering both verbal and hands-on adjustments- and how to offer sensitive
and appropriate touch for assisting.
11. Teaching Practice – developed in manageable increments of ‘live’ teaching time towards teaching a full 60-minute
Vinyasa Flow class.
12. The course requires some home study – including reading, journaling, preparing, observing and attending classes.
Weaving together all of these components inspires you to develop your unique, creative teaching voice whilst building on a solid, rich, and well-informed teaching methodology.
Our course is £3,350.
To secure your place after successful application, we require a non-refundable deposit of £750. You have the option to pay in 4 instalments of £650 after the initial deposit.
Please note: price includes tuition and accommodation (shared rooms) and full-board during the 5-day learning retreat at House of Light Retreat Center in Spain. It is NOT inclusive of flights to Spain and local transfers. For more details see next question.
The course fees include group tuition, individual and group feedback and mentoring, course manuals, handouts, assessments, certificate, a “TRIPSPACE PASSPORT” that will include participation in 20 classes and observation of 3 classes at TRIPSPACE, AND full boards and twin shared accommodation.
Additional budget required for:
1. Travel and transfers for the 4 days away.
2. Purchase of a few key texts from the recommended reading list (many used copies of books are available online for just a few pence or can be obtained through good libraries).
3. Personal Liability insurance for when you begin to teach. The prices vary according to insurer but average around £100 per annum for a reasonable cover policy.
We strongly advise that before/ during or soon after completing the course trainees gain First Aid certification.
-Attendance of ALL modules.
-Successfully passing the final assessment. This requires teaching a 60-minute Vinyasa Flow class to your peers. This is observed and assessed by the course Lead Trainers.
-Maintaining a regular yoga practice.
-Observing and recording notes for 3 classes with different teachers at TRIPSPACE (included in TRIPSPACE PASSPORT).
-Attending (and logging) 20 classes at a studio of preference (NB: classes at TRIPSPACE are included in the TRIPSPACE PASSPORT).
There are plenty of teaching opportunities throughout the course. The standards of the training are high but we wish the learning process to be enjoyable and empowering and to bring the very best out of each one of our trainees. Beginning early in the course with 1-2-1 peer teaching of a single pose, we progress in manageable increments of practice-teaching time until the final assessment where you will teach a small group of peers in a 60-min Vinyasa Flow class.
The Lead Trainers, Amanda and Roberto, support and guide you throughout with plenty of opportunity for you to ask questions, experiment and receive feedback so that by the final assessment you are prepared, confident and teaching in the class scenario that will enable you to step straight into professional teaching after your graduation.
The London-based part of the course takes place of TRIPSPACE, in the heart of East London (Haggerston, Hackney) in a beautifully converted railway arch beside the enchanting Regent’s Canal.
Address: Arch 339. Acton Mews, E8 4EA, Haggerston, London
Nearest Tube: Haggerston Overground Station (Studio is 2 minute walk from station)
or Liverpool Street Underground/Mainline Station
Bus: 149-242-243-67 (alighting on Kingsland Road)
The second week of the course will take place as a 4 -day intensive learning retreat in the West Lexham in Norfolk , UK>
The center provides delicious vegetarian menus which will be designed to suit our group. All dietary requirements can be catered for.
We encourage you to attend all sessions. However all lessons are recorded, so if you miss a session due to illness or other reasons you will be able to catch up, however please be prepared to complete some homework to demonstrate your engagement with the material as certification will be only possible after completing 100% of the course.
The majority of the course is designed to be IRL, only the theory sessions will be on zoom. Nevertheless all sessions will also run live and will be recorded so in case one is self-isolating or Ill there are options to catch up.
In case of a lockdown we will transfer all the course online for the duration of the lockdown. The sessions will be tweaked so that they can be as fun, engaging and layered as they would be in IRL.
Just let us know and we will live stream you in. If you are ill: no worries the sessions will be recorded.
In case of travel restrictions or quarantine we would sadly have to let go of the retreat. All students will be refunded £250 and we will run an intensive in London.