We are looking to award FOUR artists in residence at TripSpace between October 2022 and January 2023 as part of MAKE MOVEMENT MATTER, a five month programme of workshops, shows, talks & residencies exploring links between dance, science, health and wellbeing.
Each artist in residence will get:
– 40 hours residence at TripSpace
– £1000 seed commission
– x8 class teaching opportunities as part of our professional dance class programme (paid, of course)
– Free attendance to all Make Movement Matter workshops and talks ( 8 intensive workshops, 4 online talks – attendance is not compulsory, you can pick and choose which ones you want as long as you book them in advance)
– 1x sharing to invited audience at the end of residency
– 1x paid public performance opportunity on 21st January 2022
We are looking for artists who:
– Who are interested in exploring the interdependent links between the scientific enquiry and the art of movement within their choreographic practice.
– Currently use teaching as part of their artistic practice and professional palette
– Have availability between October 2022- January 2023 to be in residence consecutively Monday to Friday 11-5 for two weeks (the two weeks do not need to be consecutive)
– Will happily teach 11-12:30 and then create 1-5pm while in residency (compulsory)
– Are interested in attending Make Movement Matter workshops and talks (elective choice)
– Will happily share the results of their creative process, no matter how raw at the end of residency (compulsory) and present in public performance on 21st January (elective)
– Will happily write a max 1000 words statement on their residence experience at TRIPSPACE (compulsory!)
– We highly encourage artists from a global majority background to apply
Artistic partnerships may apply, but please be aware that the financial commitments however would have to stay the same, these would therefore need to be in match funded to additional production strategy.
How to apply:
Subject: Make Movement Matter / Artistic Residency
Content of the BODY the email (do NOT attach documents)
100 words artist biography
100 words max on content of research
100 additional words on how/why/when dance + science interlink within the research.
Short video links to either previous work or the work you are applying for
Weeks you have available between w/c 3rd Of October and w/c 16th January
DEADLINE: 12th September 2022
ANNOUNCEMENTS: 16th September 2022
We are over the moon to be awarded funding from both Arts Council England and Hackney Council as part of of #HelloAgainHackney.
It is with great privilege that we will be able to use this funding to serve the community of Hackney and the independent dance community in tandem under the umbrella name of MAKE MOVEMENT MATTER.
This is a five month programme of workshops, shows, talks & residencies exploring links between dance, science & health led by high profile artists, sector leaders, TripSpace ongoing practitioners and selected artists in residence.
Five intense months of exploring, learning, sharing and strengthening the wonderful community that already surrounds us by asking the important question: what does wellbeing mean to us?
What exactly will we produce?
BOOM! MAGIC TIMES!
Let us whisk you away for a joyful gathering on a three day retreat to West Lexham, Norfolk (www.westlexham.org.
No planes taken: only a ninety minute train journey from London Kings Cross and three rejuvenating days of yoga practice, healthy eating, countryside walking, landscape gazing and wild swimming are at your door-step! A chance to pause and delight in the season of Spring with the blossoming of nature and warming temperatures.
Throughout the retreat we will explore a variety of uplifting and replenishing yoga practices. Surrounded by West Lexham natural magic, welcomed by its beautiful rooms, friendly staff and nourished by its garden cafe’s delicious meals we fully enjoy all the layers that the tradition of yoga offers us.
Prices range between: £450-£750 for single, double, quadruple room occupancy.
Limited bookings available.
To book email: email@example.com